It’s Your Right to Vote.
The 2020 Nevada Primary will be held on Tuesday, June 9th.
The primary election will be conducted by mail-in ballot; therefore, ballots will be mailed to every active registered voter in the state, starting on May 1st.
Voters are encouraged to submit their ballot through the mail, as a limited number of polling locations will be open.
Voter’s Bill of Rights
The Nevada Voters’ Bill of Rights, as outlined in NRS 293.2546, includes the following provisions:
- Each voter has the right to receive and cast a ballot that is written in a format that allows the clear identification of candidates, and accurately records the voter’s preference in the selection of candidates.
- Each voter has the right to have his or her questions concerning voting procedures answered and to have an explanation of the procedures for voting posted in a conspicuous place at the polling place.
- Each voter has the right to vote without being intimidated, threatened or coerced.
- Each voter has the right to vote on Election Day if the voter is waiting in line at his or her polling place to vote before 7:00 PM.
- Each voter has the right to return a spoiled ballot and is entitled to receive another ballot in its place.
- Each voter has the right to request assistance in voting, if necessary.
- Each voter has the right to a sample ballot which is accurate, informative and delivered in a timely manner.
- Each voter has the right to receive instruction in the use of the equipment for voting during early voting or on Election Day.
- Each voter has the right to have nondiscriminatory equal access to the elections system, including, without limitation, a voter who is elderly, disabled, a member of a minority group, employed by the military, or a citizen who is overseas.
- Each voter has the right to have a uniform, statewide standard for counting and recounting all votes accurately.
- Each voter has the right to have complaints about election contests resolved fairly, accurately and efficiently.
Stay up to date and follow the link below to our blog. CLICK HERE.